Extreme Gray

Saturday, November 24, 2012


Photographer Tommy Ingberg
Tommy Ingberg is a self-taught photographer and visual artist, born 1980 in Sweden. 
He works with photography and digital image editing, creating minimalistic and 
self-reflecting surreal photo montages dealing with human nature, feelings and thoughts. 



Tommy leaves the interpretation of his work up to the viewer but says,  
"For me, surrealism is about trying to explain something abstract like a feeling or 
a thought, expressing the subconscious with a picture. The Reality Rearranged series is 
my first try at describing reality trough surrealism. During the two and a half years I have 
worked on the series I have used my own inner life, thoughts and feelings as seeds to my 
 pictures. In that sense the work is very personal, almost like a visual diary. Despite 
this subjectiveness in the process I hope that the work can engage the viewer in his or hers 
own terms. I want the viewer to produce his or hers own questions and answers when looking 
at the pictures, my own interpretations are really irrelevant in this context. "


During the last couple of years he has received international recognition with his work 
shown in numerous publications and receiving awards and honorable mentions from many 
different competitions including International Photography Awards, Prix De La 
Photographie Paris and Sony World Photography Awards.
In 2012 Tommy won the Lumen Prize with his picture “Torn”.







This post was read by ziyaretci-sayac people.

You Might Also Like

0 yorum

Popular Last Week

My Blog List

Visitors